Zesty Cauliflower Mash
If you love mashed potatoes but don’t like the fat and calories, try this tasty side! Mashed cauliflower will give you just as much flavor with only 70 calories and only 1 gram of saturated fat per serving! Trying to get your kids to eat more vegetables? This is a great way to sneak them in to your family dinner!
- 8 cups raw cauliflower florets
- 2 Tablespoons light ranch salad dressing (check to make sure gluten free for GF version)
- 3 Tablespoons light, trans fat free tub margarine
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 3 Tablespoons green onion (optional)
- Place cauliflower florets in a large microwavable bowl and fill 1 inch with water. Microwave approximately 10-15 minutes or until very tender.
- Drain any excess liquid and transfer to a pot or bowl.
- Add the dressing, margarine, garlic and pepper.
- Mash with a potato masher until cauliflower is light and fluffy. If you desire a smoother texture, you can put the cauliflower in a blender or food processor.
- Sprinkle with onions. Serve.
Per ½ cup serving
Total Fat: 4g
Saturated Fat: 1g
Total Carbohydrate: 8g
Dietary Fiber: 3g