Pantry Pumpkin Chili
Make a delicious and healthy fall chili using the ingredients found at your local food pantry!
- 1 Tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 – 16 ounce cans beans, drained and rinsed (pinto, kidney, black, garbanzo)
- 1 – 14.5 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained and rinsed
- 2 – 8 ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 – 15 ounce can 100% pure pumpkin
- 4 cups unsalted cooking stock (chicken, beef or vegetable) (make sure gluten free for GF version)
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 ½ Tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a large saucepan or stock pot on medium-high heat, sauté onion in oil for 3-5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir well.
- Bring to a boil, turn heat down to low and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
Per 1 cup
Total Fat: 1.5 g
Saturated Fat: 0 g
Sodium: 499 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 26 g
Dietary Fiber: 7.5 g
Protein: 7 g