The perfect blend of football and fall!
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 pound 97% lean ground turkey breast
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 – 15 ounce can low sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 – 14.5 ounce can no salt added diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 – 15 ounce can 100% pure pumpkin
- 1 – 12 ounce bottle light beer (use gluten free beer or gluten free stock/broth for GF version)
- 2 cups low sodium tomato juice
- 2 Tablespoons Splenda® brown sugar blend
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 pinches nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large pot on medium-high, cook turkey breast in canola oil, adding green pepper, onion and garlic about halfway through cooking. Cook until onions become translucent and are softened.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Simmer on low for 30-40 minutes.
Per 1 cup serving
Total Fat: 2g
Saturated Fat: 0.5g
Total Carbohydrate: 18g
Dietary Fiber: 5g