Tomato Basil Hummus Soup
Looking for a warm Valentine’s Day dinner? Warm up to this flavorful soup made with smooth hummus. Serve with a hearty grilled cheese sandwich for a great dinner for two!
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large clove garlic, finely chopped
- ½ cup chopped yellow onion
- ½ cup chopped carrots
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 2 - 15 ounce cans diced fire roasted tomatoes with liquid
- 3 cups unsalted chicken stock (use gluten free stock/broth for GF version)
- 1 - 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 1 cup hummus (flavor of your choice)
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 - 0.75 ounce package fresh basil, chopped and stems removed
- ½ cup plain non-fat yogurt (optional)
- In a stockpot or large saucepan on medium-high heat, sauté olive oil, garlic, onion, carrots, and celery for 3-5 minutes, stirring often.
- Once vegetables have softened, add remaining ingredients except for basil and yogurt.
- Simmer on low heat for 15-20 minutes.
- Add chopped basil and stir to combine.
- Optional: Top with yogurt. Serve with a grilled cheese sandwich or crackers.
Per 1 cup serving
Total Fat: 8 g
Saturated Fat: 2 g
Sodium: 456 mg
Total Carbohydrate: 17 g
Dietary Fiber: 5 g
Protein: 6 g