Visiting a Patient
At OSF Sacred Heart Medical Center, we realize that visitors are special people. We hope visitors will join us in doing everything possible to make a patient visit what it should be - a quiet time when they can talk, listen, or just hold the hand of someone important to them.
All patients deserve respect, protection, and the best possible medical care. We believe in protecting patients from noise, distractions, and disturbances.
Regulations of the Illinois Department of Public Health, as well as our own policies, require that we remain vigilant in maintaining a calm, protective environment on all floors, in all units, at all times.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- After 8:30 p.m., access to the medical center is available only through the Emergency entrance.
- We request that visitors who plan to be at the medical center after 8:30 p.m. obtain a pass from Security on ground level.
Labor and Delivery
- The number of visitors in each labor and delivery room is limited to two. The significant other/father of baby does not count as a visitor.
- Only two visitors are allowed to be present for the delivery in the Birthing Suites. During the delivery, trading of visitors will not be allowed.
- The patient’s children may only visit briefly in the labor room during labor, per the patient’s request with other adult supervision. Other children are not permitted.
- Only the designated support person is allowed to go into the Cesarean Section room during a scheduled Cesarean delivery. No visitors are allowed during an emergency Cesarean delivery.
- No visitors are allowed in the Cesarean Delivery Recovery Room.
- The identified support person who may remain with the patient throughout their stay.
- The designated person must remain the same during the stay and be at least 16 years of age.
- The number of visitors on Post Partum will be permitted according to patient preference.
- Patients from other hospital nursing units and their visitors shall not enter the Family Life Center.
- Visiting guidelines for obstetric patients shall apply to gynecologic patients admitted to the combined facilities.