OSF Cancer Care Center
Whether you have been diagnosed with cancer or you are a family member supporting a loved one who has, at OSF HealthCare you'll find a team of professionals working together to bring you and your family the best possible outcome in a spirit of compassion, comfort and love.
The dedicated doctors and health care specialists at OSF Sacred Heart Medical Center are all in to help you win the battle and to return you to the life you deserve – one filled with joy and laughter, hopes and dreams.
You’ll receive personalized care close to home at the OSF Cancer Care Center, the only full-service cancer center in Vermilion County offering cancer treatment with medical oncology and radiation oncology, in one, convenient location.
Patients will be referred for clinical trials appropriate to their diagnosis.
Why Choose Us?
At OSF Sacred Heart and the OSF Cancer Care Center, we build relationships with our patients that last a lifetime by providing compassionate, team-driven care using the latest technology that offers personalized or targeted treatment plans, fewer side effects and a better quality of life.
Program highlights include:
- Nationally recognized care: We received three years accreditation with commendations from the Commission on Cancer.
- Expert oncologists: Our oncologists have additional rigorous training in cancer medicine on top of their board certification.
- Beautiful facilities: Patients often bring their binoculars and cameras to our treatment room, which features a beautiful wildlife viewing area where you can spot turkeys, deer and many birds.
- The Cancer Center Patient Fund: Through our foundation, donors and businesses help our cancer patients make ends meet, from gas cards to assistance with prescription costs, so that no one goes without excellent care.
- Rehabilitation and survivorship programs: Includes assistance with obtaining home care and seamless transfers to quality continuous care.
Cancer Care Services
Our cancer care services and programs available at OSF Sacred Heart include:
- Advanced cancer diagnosis: Includes breast ultrasound, stereotactic breast biopsy, lymph node biopsy, digital mammograms and PET/CT scans.
- Leading-edge technology in radiation oncology: Includes a Varian linear accelerator, 4D CT scanning, external beam treatment, IGRT, IMRT, SBRT, Iodine 131, Samarium 153, Strontium 89 and Xofigo®.
- Breast cancer care: Includes our private, upscale Women’s Health Center, digital mammography, minimally invasive biopsies and support groups.
- Lung cancer care: Includes low-dose CT screening and clinical trials.
- Prostate cancer care: IMRT surgery for early-stage treatment and Xofigo® treatment for later-stage prostate cancer.
- Colon cancer care: Includes minimally invasive surgeries.
The OSF Cancer Care Center offers the following:
- Leading-edge technology – Varian linear accelerator, 4D CT scanning, external beam treatment, IGRT, IMRT, SBRT, Iodine 131, Samarium 153, Strontium 89 and Xofigo®
- Free beauty services – Offered through the Look Good Feel Better program
- Prostate cancer care – IMRT for early stage treatment and Xofigo® treatment for later-stage prostate cancer
- Bladder cancer care: Includes comprehensive treatment
- Head/neck cancer care: Includes comprehensive treatment