Awards and Certifications
Our dedication to our Mission to serve with the greatest care and love can be found in many of the awards and recognitions earned by medical center staff and volunteers. Those honors include:
- Advanced Primary Stroke Center: OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center received recognition for being an Advanced Primary Stroke Center by the Joint Commission in October of 2016.
- Alzheimer’s Disease Primary Site: First hospital in Rockford designated as "Alzheimer's Disease Primary Provider Site" by Southern Illinois University Center for Alzheimer's Disease and Related Disorders and the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- Among the Best Facilities to Treat COPD, Heart Failure, Hip Replacement, and Knee Replacement: Rated by US News and World Report.
- Best Regional Hospital: OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center was ranked the #27 hospital in Illinois, rated by US News and World Report.
- Burn Prevention Recognition: Received American Heart Association Recognition for Auxiliary's Fire and Burn Prevention Program.
- Chest Pain Center Accreditation: First medical center in Rockford, the fourth in Illinois and the 88th in the nation to achieve accreditation as a Chest Pain Center. Also the first health care facility in the region to receive full Cycle II Chest Pain Center accreditation from the Accreditation Review Committee, demonstrating that OSF Saint Anthony provides a full spectrum of emergency cardiac care, rapid diagnosis and fast track treatment.
- Commission on Cancer Commendation: The OSF Saint Anthony Center for Cancer Care earned a three-year Approval Award with Commendation from the Commission on Cancer.
- Design Award for Ambulatory Care Center: Awarded in 2003 by HEALTHCARE DESIGN.
- Get With the Guidelines - Stroke Silver Plus Quality Achievement Award with Target: StrokeSM Honor Roll: Given by the American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association.
- Joint Replacement High Quality Rating- OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center was rated #2 for high quality joint relpacements by CareChex a quality rating system.
- Leader in Safety Practices: Recognized as a leader in safety practices by the Midwest Business Group on Health (MBGH), a Chicago-based, non-profit group, for being one of three Illinois hospitals that fully complies with 27 safety practices endorsed by the National Quality Forum.
- Level 1 Pediatrics Emergency Department: In 2013 OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center was approved as a Level 1 Pediatrics Emergency Department by the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- Magnet® Recognition: Achieved Magnet recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center three times (2014, 2009, 2005), an accomplishment achieved by only 2 percent of hospitals nationwide. Magnet designation recognizes excellence in nursing practice and quality patient care and is the highest award for nursing available in the United States.
- Medal of Honor for Organ Donation: OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center has earned a U.S. Health and Human Services (HHS) Medal of Honor for Organ Donation five years in a row (2005-09). To earn a Medal of Honor, hospitals must achieve at least a 75 percent donation rate, far higher than the national average of 60 percent in 2006.
- Mission: Life Line Gold Quality Award: Given by the American Heart Association and the American College of Cardiology, OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center reached or exceeded specific quality and safety measurements.
- QOPI Certification for Cancer Care: One of seven hospitals in Illinois to be recognized by the Quality Oncology Practice Initiative (QOPI®) Certification Program, an affiliate of the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO). The QOPI® Certification Program is a new initiative to certify oncology practices that meet rigorous standards for high-quality cancer care.
- Top 50 Hospitals for Cardiovascular Disease: Given by TruvenHealth, an IBM company, and by Modern HealthCare.
- Top 50 Hospitals for Respiratory Disorders: According to U.S. News & World Report in 2000.
- Top 200 Hospital for Coding/Billing Accuracy: Ranked among the nation's top 200 hospitals for coding/billing accuracy in the third annual "Top 200 Coding Hospitals in the U.S." report conducted by Ingenix, a leading health information company.
Trauma Center Verified by Committee on Trauma of the American College of Surgeons: The ACS verification means that all care associated with our trauma program, is recognized as one of the best in the nation. In fact, we are one of only two Illinois hospitals to achieve ACS trauma center verification.
- StrokeCenter Certification: First health care facility in the region to achieve StrokeCenter certification by earning the Gold Seal of ApprovalTM from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers.
- 100 Hospitals with Great Orthopedic Programs: Added to Becker's Hospital Review, 2016 edition.
- 3/3 Stars: OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center was awarded 3/3 stars from The Society of Thoracic Surgeons for Isolated Coronary Artery Bypass Graft procedures. OSF is the only hospital in the region with high ratings.
- 90th Percentile in Transcatheter Valve Therapy: The Society of Thoracic Surgeons and The American College of Cardiology rated OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center in the 90th percentile for many of the requirements during TAVR procedures.