79th Annual OSF HealthCare Saint Anthony Medical Center
Theodor Lang May Day Medical Conference
Thursday & Friday, May 3-4 2018
Giovanni's Restaurant & Convention Center
Theodor Lang, MD, an Austrian radiologist on staff at Saint Anthony Hospital, founded the May Day Conference. Dr. Lang’s goal was to gather physicians from the region under one tent for a day of education and fellowship to patient care.
Over 75 years later, we continue to strive to improve patient care by bringing medical education and fellowship to our health care providers. We are proud to continue the OSF May Day Medical Conference as the second longest running medical conference in the United States.
The OSF HealthCare May Day Medical Conference is designed to provide an educational environment for health care providers, with a focus on identified practice gaps.
The goal is that this education will result in the improvement of quality of care, treatment, services, safety and outcomes for patients.
The target audience for this conference is physicians, residents, medical students, advanced practice professionals, nursing staff and allied health professionals.
This conference may not be audited.
At conclusion of this activity, learners will be able to:
- Identify current national treatment guidelines, peer reviewed journals and other resources to disseminate information on best practice and standards of care
- Summarize disease related therapies and treatment options
- Understand technology and other resources that aid in providing safe and efficient care.
- Review patient cases and determine optimal treatment plans
- Recognize cultural differences that may present when working with patients and families
How to Register
For details on this year's event, including daily schedules and a list of speakers, or to register, please download our brochure.