Two great teams. One shared focus: Rockford’s peace of mind.
When two world-class teams work together, everyone benefits. That’s why OSF HealthCare Saint Anthony Medical Center is proud to be a member of the Mayo Clinic Care Network.
The Mayo Clinic Care Network consists of health care organizations around the globe that are interested in working together with Mayo Clinic to enhance local health care.
Thanks to this relationship the great medical minds of OSF HealthCare Saint Anthony and Mayo Clinic can work together to diagnose and manage the most complex and rare medical cases.
You can rest easy with the knowledge that world-class care is not far away.
What Does This Mean For You?
- Cutting Edge Care Plans – The Rockford-area OSF HealthCare providers you trust. The resources of Mayo Clinic. Two teams working together so you benefit from the latest technology and research.
- Peace of Mind – You can rest easy when you know your health care provider has the resources to ensure you get world-class treatment.
- No Additional Cost – You get more value without paying more.
- No Travel – No hotel rooms to book. No childcare to arrange. No need to leave Rockford. Mayo Clinic specialists enhance the health care we deliver locally, potentially saving you the need to travel for complicated care options.
The Mayo Clinic Care Network relationship gives your Rockford-area OSF HealthCare doctors the ability to work with Mayo specialists. With your approval, they can review your condition and compare diagnoses and treatments options. Three powerful tools make this possible:
- eConsults provide a digital connection between your doctors and a Mayo specialist, so they can consult together on your behalf.
- AskMayoExpert gives your care team access to Mayo Clinic information about disease management, care guidelines and treatment recommendations for a wide variety of conditions. There is also a library of educational content for patients on a wide range of topics.
- eBoards give your doctor an opportunity to present and informally discuss the management of complex cancer cases with a Mayo Clinic multidisciplinary panel and other network members via video conference.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Mayo Clinic Care Network?
The Mayo Clinic Care Network is a unique collaboration that connects OSF HealthCare Saint Anthony Medical Center doctors with Mayo Clinic specialists and Mayo Clinic resources. OSF HealthCare Saint Anthony providers will use digital technology to access the latest Mayo Clinic knowledge and expertise.
Why did Mayo Clinic choose OSF HealthCare Saint Anthony for participation in the Mayo Clinic Care Network?
OSF HealthCare Saint Anthony was selected to join the Mayo Clinic Care Network because OSF HealthCare Saint Anthony shares a common philosophy and commitment to improve the delivery of health care through high-quality, data-driven, evidence-based medical care and treatment. In addition, OSF HealthCare Saint Anthony passed Mayo Clinic’s rigorous review process based on quality, service and operational criteria.
Why is OSF HealthCare Saint Anthony collaborating with Mayo Clinic?
OSF HealthCare Saint Anthony has made tremendous progress in our approach to care based on the latest medical knowledge and best practices from leaders in health care. This will assist us as we continually seek out the latest research and treatment recommendations from the experts at Mayo Clinic.
Does this mean that OSF HealthCare Saint Anthony could be purchased by Mayo Clinic?
This agreement is not an acquisition or merger. Mayo Clinic Care Network members like OSF HealthCare Saint Anthony remain independent, community-owned health care providers.
Will this agreement mean patients will automatically be referred to Mayo Clinic?
No, there is no obligation for referrals to Mayo Clinic. The primary goal of OSF HealthCare Saint Anthony and Mayo Clinic through the Mayo Clinic Care Network is to help patients gain the benefits of Mayo Clinic expertise while continuing to receive their care as close to home as possible, ensuring they travel outside the region for care only when necessary.
Why did Mayo Clinic create the Mayo Clinic Care Network?
Collaborating with other medical providers to provide the best possible care for patients has always been part of Mayo Clinic’s culture. The Mayo Clinic Care Network is intended to help Mayo and community care organizations work closer together — in new ways — to enhance the lives of patients.