Navigating Your Cancer Journey
The OSF Cancer Center provides patient navigators for those diagnosed with cancer.
Navigators help patients through the complicated and sometimes confusing cancer journey by offering information, education and support. They ensure the patient has useful and accurate information to make treatment decisions based on their needs and beliefs.
At OSF Saint Anthony Center for Cancer Care, we have financial navigators, breast cancer-specific navigators and navigators for other cancer types.
Patient navigators are available by phone or in a face-to-face meeting in a private room, where concerns are addressed privately.
Benefits of a Navigator
- Understanding the diagnosis and medical terminology
- Tips on communicating with physicians
- Managing treatment schedules
- Coping with treatment side-effects
- Finding balance in your life
- Insurance concerns
- Nutrition advice
- Complementary/alternative therapies
- Support groups
- Image enhancement programs
- Clinical/research trials available
- Importance of exercise
- Transportation programs
Contact a Patient Navigator
To connect with a cancer patient navigator, please call (815) 227-CARE (815-227-2273) or complete the following form.
A member of our team will respond within one (1) business day.
We respect and safeguard your privacy. This form is secure.