Pediatric Classes and Programs
Fit Families Program
The Fit Families program provides families with information and ideas on how to make healthy lifestyle choices. Classes combine education with fun exercise games for kids ages four to 12.
Classes meet twice a week for six weeks and are led by an exercise physiologist and a nutritionist. Parents are strongly encouraged to attend with their children.
What will Fit Families do for your family?
- Increase awareness of healthy lifestyle choices, including nutrition and exercise
- Teach about healthy snacking, portion sizes, family habits and meal planning
- Improve self-esteem in kids as they reach goals and feel healthier
- Teach kids conflict resolution
Cost is $50 for a family of four participants, $5 for each additional child, and includes:
- Pedometer to keep track of the number of steps taken each day
- Journal to record activity
- Reward items
- Parents receive four day-passes to the OSF Center for Health Fitness or to a group class of their choice
To register, call 815-395-4587.
Infant & Toddler CPR classes
This class teaches parents the basics of CPR for infants and toddlers. It does not offer a certification, so it does not meet the requirements for daycare providers.
The fee is $25 per couple, $12.50 for individuals or free to those registered in one of the prenatal classes.
Registration is required by calling 815-227-2695.
Siblings may be excited about the new baby, but they are also apprehensive and uncertain. This class is designed to help children ages three to 10 prepare for a new baby’s arrival.
Parents are asked to join their children as they learn how to diaper, hold and burp a baby.
The class also includes valuable suggestions for the parents on how to ease the child’s adjustment to a new baby.
The class is $5 per family. Registration is required by calling 815-227-2695.