Intensive Care Unit Visitation Guidelines
At OSF Saint Anthony's Health Center, we are grateful for the opportunity to care for the needs of each patient. We ask you to be an active partner in the care of your friend or loved one by following these guidelines:
- If you are ill, please do not visit. Feel free to call and inquire of your loved one’s well-being.
- The direct line to our nurse’s station: (618) 465-4525.
- When you arrive to the third floor, please call ext. 6375 from the phone outside the ICU entrance prior to entering the unit.
- Please designate one family member (for example, the patient’s spouse, son or daughter) to call the nurse and inquire of your loved one’s well-being. To ensure the patient’s right to privacy, this designated person may then pass the information on to other family members.
- To reach someone in the ICU Waiting Room, please call (618) 474-6064.
- Please make your personal calls from the pay phone or cell phone whenever possible. The extension phone in the waiting room is the nurse’s link to you while you are waiting. If you must use this phone, please make your conversation brief.
We welcome your input. Please direct your questions and concerns to the unit supervisor.