What is a Patient Navigator?
Our Patient Navigator is a healthcare professional who is available to guide you and your family through the entire process of diagnosis and treatment at OSF Saint Anthony’s Health Center.
The Patient Navigator is a single point of contact who will be there with you every step of the way — to assist with scheduling initial tests and consultations, as well as coordinate with members of the medical team to ensure information is current and understood by all of the physicians, nurses and other team members.
Ready to Assist You
The Patient Navigator will provide personalized guidance to patients and families through the entire process of diagnosis and treatment. Their role is to:
- Coordinate your care with other healthcare providers throughout the system.
- Be a support for patients before, during and after procedures.
- Schedule appointments, referrals, etc., for patients.
- Serve as a resource to help patients better understand diagnosis and treatment.
- Collaborate with all members of the medical team to ensure the patient’s information is current and shared.
- Help you and your family connect with community resources.
For more information, please contact Jill Emmons, LPN, Oncology Navigator at (618) 463-5277. Jill is available on the OSF Saint Anthony’s and OSF Saint Clare’s campuses from Monday to Friday 8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m