About Our Emergency Services
Serving the Alton community with advanced technology and compassionate care, OSF Saint Anthony's Emergency Services ranks top in the nation, having earned a perfect score in eight of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services quality measures.
OSF Saint Anthony’s Health Center has also been acknowledged as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures in the nation for delivering outstanding patient care by The Joint Commission for three consecutive years.
Advanced Technology and Special Services
- Board certified emergency room physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses and nurse assistants, trained in pediatric advanced life support and advanced cardiac life support.
- An affiliation with the MidAmerica Stroke Network offers enhanced stroke care.
- Teleneurology for individuals presenting with stroke symptoms includes immediate access to board certified, fellowship trained neurologists via telemedicine – day and night.
- Designated as an Emergency Department Approved for Pediatrics (EDAP) by the State of Illinois, OSF Saint Anthony’s provides specialized emergency care for children – day or night.
- 16-bed remodeled emergency department with new telemetry monitoring, enhanced surroundings including flat screen televisions and a comfortable healing environment.
A Results Pending room to help improve patient flow and comfort level for patients waiting to be discharged.
The Emergency Department of OSF Saint Anthony's Health Center is under the direction of Rodger Hanko, M.D., who is board certified in internal medicine and has over 20 years of critical care experience.
Dr. Hanko, a graduate of the University of Colorado, earned his medical degree from Washington University School of Medicine. Both his internship and residency were performed at Jewish Hospital of St. Louis. He is a member of the National and Phi Beta Kappa Scholastic Honor Societies and has been recognized as an “American Top Physicians” by the Consumers’ Research Council.