IRCCO - ACO
OSF Saint Clare Family Health Clinic participates in a Medicare Shared Savings Program Accountable Care Organization
OSF Saint Clare Medical Center and the OSF Saint Clare Clinic Providers are members of the Illinois Rural Community Care Organization (IRCCO). IRCCO is an Accountable Care Organization (ACO).
What’s an Accountable Care Organization (ACO)?
- Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) are groups of doctors, Medical Centers and other healthcare providers who come together voluntarily to provide high-quality, coordinated care to their Medicare patients. The goal of coordinated care is to ensure that patients, especially the chronically ill, get the right care at the right time, while avoiding unnecessary duplication of services and preventing medical errors.
- Medicare Shared Savings Program ACO members work closely with other doctors and healthcare providers in the ACO to coordinate care for Medicare beneficiaries with traditional Medicare with the goal to improve quality of care and patient outcomes and reduce the overall cost of healthcare.
- The ACO may share in any savings that result from providing you with high quality and more coordinated care.
ACOs Don’t Change Your Medicare Benefits
- An ACO is not a Medicare Advantage plan or an HMO plan.
- Medicare recipients who see OSF Saint Clare Providers or seek care at OSF Saint Clare Medical Center maintain their Medicare rights, including right to choose any doctors and providers who accept Medicare.
- Our Providers may continue to recommend that you see particular doctors for your specific health needs, but it’s always your choice about what doctors you see or Medical Centers you visit.
How Will an ACO Help My Doctor Coordinate My Care?
- As an ACO, our primary care physicians and specialists work together to ensure you’re getting the right care at the right time. Together, they coordinate all aspects of your care by actively sharing your health information with each other. This open line of communication between your healthcare team gives you access to more comprehensive care, while enabling us to cut your healthcare costs, avoid unnecessary duplication of services and prevent medical errors
- Each of your doctors will not only know about the health issues they’ve treated; they will have a more complete picture of your health through talking with your other doctors.
Why is OSF Saint Clare Participating in IRCCO?
- IRCCO is invested in the rural communities of Illinois and understands the unique challenges and needs of rural residents around their health.
If you have questions or concerns, you can talk with OSF Saint Clare Family Health Clinic staff at any time. You can also visit www.medicare.gov/acos.html or call 1-800-MEDICARE (TTY users should call 1-877-486-2048).