Educational Loan Assistance Program
OSF HealthCare Foundation seeks to support the communities in which we serve. As a leader in the health care industry, we want to help support the educational journeys of those pursuing careers in the health care field.
OSF HealthCare Foundation will provide financial assistance to a resident(s) of LaSalle County or a surrounding community served by OSF in the I-80 area pursuing a career in a patient care health-related field. Please read the information below regarding the program.
For those pursuing a career in a patient care health-related field, financial assistance is offered to graduating high school seniors planning to attend a college or college students enrolled in an accredited college or university, whose primary residence is in LaSalle County or a surrounding community served by OSF HealthCare. Employees of OSF HealthCare in the I-80 service area seeking a degree in a patient care health field may also apply.
The amount awarded can be up to $5,000 annually and must be applied toward tuition and fees and will be paid directly to the college or university. The OSF HealthCare Foundation Education Loan Program Committee will determine the number of students that will receive financial assistance and the amount each will receive.
The applicant must complete and submit to the OSF HealthCare Saint Elizabeth Human Resources office an Educational Loan Program Application.
The application must include:
- Current high school/college transcript.
- Written letter of release permitting the selection committee to review the student's academic, clinical and extracurricular records.
- Summary of significant academic and curricular achievements at the college or in the community with a listing of references.
- Brief statement of educational goals, as outlined in the application.
Minimum Requirements to Apply
- Currently enrolled or accepted in an accredited school or college, for the degree they are seeking to attain.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 or 4.0 out of 5.0.
- Two (2) favorable academic letters of recommendation.
- Two (2) favorable letters of recommendation from a non-family member attesting to your achievements, character and goals.
- Student agrees to work or continue to work at OSF HealthCare Saint Elizabeth Medical Center or within the I-80 service area following degree completion for the required time frame.
Submit the Application
The application must be postmarked by June 15, 2023.
Please mail your completed application and requested documentation to:
OSF HealthCare Saint Elizabeth Medical Center
Attn: Education Loan Program Committee / HR
1100 E. Norris Drive
Ottawa, IL 61350