PGY2 Pediatric Pharmacy Residency
NOTE: This position has already been filled for 2017-2018 and is no longer available.
Our pharmacy team is pleased to offer our Pediatric Pharmacy Residency Program. We are a diverse team of pharmacists providing inpatient services to multiple clinical zones, including adult, pediatric, and critical care, across the OSF Saint Francis Medical Center and Children's Hospital of Illinois campus. Opportunities are available to earn a teaching certificate and precept APPE students and PGY1 residents. We are committed to providing a broad experience to equip our residents for their future careers.
If you have any questions that the following information does not address please contact the Residency Program Director, Margaret Heger, Pharm.D.,BCPS at email@example.com or (309) 624-0786.
NMS Code: 660661
We participate in the match program through Pharmacy Online Residency Centralized Application Service
- One resident per year
- July 13, 2016 - July 15, 2017
For your application to be considered complete, we must receive items in the checklist below by January 11, 2016.
Pay and Benefits
- $44,000/year salary
- Medical, dental and life insurance available
- 3 weeks of PTO (will be used for holidays and 1/2 of time off for meeting attendance)
- Sick pay
- Travel reimbursement
- Hospital employee discount program (various local businesses)
|General Pediatrics||Pediatric Emergency Department|
|Inpatient Hematology/Oncology||Repeat any Core|
|Neonatal Intensive Care|
|Pediatric Congenital Heart|
|Pediatric Infectious Disease|
|Pediatric Critical Care|
|Pediatric Nutrition Support|
|Pediatric Pharmacy Practice|
Additional Resident Staffing Requirements/Responsibilities/Assignments
- Staff every third weekend in pharmacy
- Additional 16 hours each month on second shift
- 1 major holiday and 1 minor holiday
- BLS and PALS certification (opportunity provided on site)
- Attendance at ASHP Midyear meeting
- Research project with presentation at regional conference (PPAG preferred)
Very important: Application Checklist
Application Deadline: January 11, 2016 -
ALL following items must be completed by this date
- Complete Application on OSF website electronic application
- Complete Application on ASHP Resident Matching Program info & application
- Letter of Intent/Cover Letter
- Submit CV
- 3 letters of recommendation (strongly recommended one letter be from current RPD)
Very important: Submission Guidelines
Submitting all application components electronically to the residency application website is required. Only the OSF online application is automatically submitted via our local website.