OSF Weight Management Clinic Information Session
RiverPlex Recreation and Wellness Center
600 NE Water Street
Peoria, IL 61603
Map & Directions
Address questions about this event to
Gretchen Michelet at (309)282-1605.
Getting started is usually the most difficult part of any journey, and not everyone will follow the same path. At the OSF Weight Management Clinic, we offer several different options for weight loss support. Each person learns differently and is motivated in different ways, so we will help you choose the path that is right for you. Our options include:
- Small group nutrition education and support
- Private meetings with dietitians and exercise specialists
- The HMR Program for Weight Management, a structured program using meal replacements and weekly education
- Medical supervision with a physician and advanced practice nurse
- Bod Pod testing to monitor your body composition (body fat and lean body mass)
- State-of-the-Art fitness center with a wide variety of fitness equipment, group classes, AquaPlex with warm water pool, and medically supervised exercise if needed. Membership fees apply, and financial assistance is available
- Weight loss surgery, in partnership with Peoria Surgical Group. If you choose to have weight loss surgery, you must complete one of the above options for at least 3-6 months to develop healthy habits that will prepare you for surgery.
Ask your doctor to refer you to the OSF Weight Management Clinic, using referral number REF655. Then, attend a free information meeting to learn more. You can attend the information meeting even before we have the referral, so don't wait to get started!
Information meetings are offered on the 1st and 3rd Mondays of every month from 5:00-6:30pm at the RiverPlex Recreation and Wellness Center, Classrooms 1 & 2.
It is important to attend the entire meeting. If you arrive more than 15 minutes late, you may be asked to attend at a later date.
2018 Fall-Winter dates are:
For more information, please call (309)282-1605.