OSF Pain Center
OSF Pain Center supports the Mission of OSF HealthCare by treating and managing patients with chronic pain disorders with the greatest care and love.
OSF Pain Center team members aim to be transparent in our recommendations and offer comprehensive communication back to the referring provider so they are involved with the scope of care provided at our clinic.
We strive to provide medical management along with education as a key component to the patient’s success and ability to be engaged in their own care.
- Acute/chronic back pain
- Cervical neck pain or "whiplash"
- Complex regional pain syndromes
- Diabetic neuropathy
- Disc pain, or facet and nerve root pain
- Herpetic and post-herpetic neuralgia
- Pelvic pain
- Peripheral neuropathy
- Post-surgical failed back syndrome
- Post traumatic pain
- Sacral insufficiency fractures
- Spinal stenosis
- Sports injuries
- Vertebral compression fractures
- Workplace injuries
Interventional Pain Procedures
- Disc stimulation (discography)
- Epidural steroid injections
- Intradiscal interventions
- Intraspinal drug delivery systems
- Mild® procedure
- Peripheral joint injections
- Peripheral nerve stimulation
- Radiofrequency neuroablation
- Sacroiliac joint injections
- Spinal cord stimulation
- Sympathetic nerve interventions
- Trigger point injections
- Vertebroplasty or sacroplasty
- Zygapophysial (facet) joint injections
What to Expect
All patients will be asked to fill out a pain history questionnaire when they check in for their appointment. These questionnaires are useful to us in providing care to the patient, because it gives us insight into the patient’s previous treatment, functional ability, psychosocial status, and their current management.
Our physicians provide a medical evaluation appropriate to the needs of the initial management decision. The medical screening may include palpation of pressure points and chronic pain areas of the body, range of motion assessment, strength testing, and assessment of nerve function.
At a minimum, vital signs are obtained regardless of age and will include; height, weight, blood pressure, pulse, and pain assessment documented using the one to 10 pain scale as outlined in our policy. Additional testing may be utilized before, during, and after the initial evaluation.
Patients who are not previously affiliated with OSF HealthCare or new to the community will be asked to provide medical records relevant to their previous treatment prior to their initial evaluation.
|Monday - Friday||8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|