Massage: Not just a Mother’s Day treat!
Every body deserves to feel good. Under the skilled hands of an experienced Massage Therapist, you’ll feel relaxed in mind and body. Pain and tension will start to melt away. Tired aching muscles can find relief. Best of all, massage can improve your overall health in so many ways:
- Strengthens your immune system
- Increases joint mobility and range of movement
- Reduces the risk of muscular strains
- Relieves repetitive strain injuries
- Speeds the removal of toxins and metabolic waste
- Helps lower blood pressure
- Reduces arthritis pain and stiffness.
- Eliminates or reduces chronic headache, especially migraines
Which massage is right for you? Before each appointment we’ll ask a series of questions to find the right technique for you. These include:
- Swedish: friction techniques on superficial muscle layers. Perfect for overall relaxation.
- Deep Tissue: helps with tension in the body. Focuses on the deeper layers of muscle tissue using slow strokes and deep pressure, going across the fibers of the muscles, tendons, ligaments and fascia.
- Hot Stone Massage: smooth stones glide over the skin, warming the muscles…a unique and comforting form of relaxation. The benefits include deep muscle and tissue relaxation, releasing toxins and calming the psyche.
- Cold Stone Massage: Essential Oil (aromatherapy) alleviates headache triggers, while the cold stone application decreases inflammation and swelling.
- Face Toning Massage: this safe and effective technique stimulates facial muscles using invigorating massage strokes to treat sluggish, aging, and environmentally damaged skin.
Massage Therapy Pricing
Time Saver Massage
30 minutes: $25
This stress-relieving massage concentrates on troubled areas (neck, shoulders, back).
One Hour Massage: $40
Dedicate an hour to meet individual needs:
- A stress-relieving massage that uses long strokes and kneading of the superficial layers of muscles to improve circulation and flexibility
- A vigorous deep tissue workout of deep rhythmic pressure massage, focused on relieving specific stress and muscle tension
Hot Stone Massage
60 minutes: $50.00
Considered to be among the most effective massage treatments, this Swedish Massage is enhanced by warm stone therapy.
Queen/King for a Day
90 minutes: $70
Gift certificates are available for this “royal” treatment—a great gift idea for anyone!
45 minutes: $50.00
60 minute combination: $60.00
Cold Stone Massage
45 minutes: $40.00
Natural treatment for migraine headache or sinus pain that combines the therapeutic effects of aromatherapy with the gentle placement of cold marble stones and massage on the face, head and neck.
Meet Liz Jones, LMT
Liz Jones, our licensed Massage Therapist graduated from the LifePath School of Massage and has served clients from Kewanee and surrounding areas for more than 20 years. Liz specializes in Precision Neuromuscular Therapy, Orthopedic Massage, Hot Stone Massage, Myofascial Massage, Cold Stone Massage for Headaches and Face Toning Massage.
Our Hours, How to Reach Us
You'll enjoy a stress-free, relaxing experience in a soothing environment at OSF Saint Luke Medical Center To schedule an appointment or receive information on Massage Therapy, please call Rehabilitation Services at (309) 852-7931.