Healing the human body
Less pain. More strength. Easier movement. There are many ways to heal the human body, and exercise (guided by one of our skilled physical therapists) can achieve remarkable results.
The goal of physical therapy is to restore your ability to move and relieve your pain. You will be under the best possible care: our expert therapy staff has advanced training and certifications and they are deeply committed to offering our patients the best care possible
Our therapists diagnose and treat individuals of all ages, from newborns to ninety-year-olds. Therapy can benefit any one who has medical problems or other health-related conditions, illnesses, or injuries that limit your ability to move and perform everyday activities.
Physical Therapy can help with many conditions
- Sports injuries, strains and sprains,
- Joint injuries and joint replacements
- Head injury, stroke (CVA),
- Developmental disabilities in children
- Balance/vestibular disorders
- Spinal cord injury
- Burns and wounds
Most physical therapy takes place in our clinic. But physical therapists are also key members of the health care delivery team If you have been hospitalized, we will work with physicians and other team members to improve your function, train family members, help plan for discharge and arrange for follow-up care.
How does Physical Therapy work?
Treatment programs are customized for both adults and children. We will work together to reduce pain, increase strength and movement so you can return to the normal activities of life. A variety of effective techniques include:
- Exercises for strengthening and stretching
- Pain management such as heat/cold, ultrasound, electrical stimulation
- Improvements to your posture
- Body mechanics training
- Sports retraining
- Aquatic therapy
- Return-to-work programs
- Home exercise programs
Hours, How to Reach Us
- Outpatient Rehabilitation Services Hours are from 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday – Friday.
- Appointments may be made by calling OSF Saint Luke Medical Center Rehabilitation Services at 309-852-7931.
- If you don’t have an order from your physician for therapy, we can assist you in obtaining one.
- If you are unable to attend your scheduled appointment, please call 309-852-7931 to cancel.