Appointments in a Heartbeat
OSF HealthCare Cardiovascular Institute is offering same-day general cardiology appointments in its Rockford-area locations for non-emergency visits. So if you don't want to wait, we can care for your heart health needs right away.
To make a same-day appointment, please call:
Information about same-day appointments:
- Same-day visits are for non-emergency conditions.
- If you request a certain doctor, a same-day appointment could be limited.
- Same-day appointments are not always guaranteed.
- Priority is given to more urgent cases and patients that call prior to noon for an appointment.
- Please review your benefits or call your insurance carrier’s member service team for any specific questions, including whether or not a referral is needed for a specialty appointment.
- If your concern is urgent, please visit your nearest OSF urgent care facility.
What to expect when you call for a same-day appointment:
- We will search our six locations throughout the Rockford-area for an appointment to suit your needs.
- Please provide basic identifying information, such as address, phone number and insurance information.
- You will be asked questions regarding your symptoms to help find the most appropriate provider to care for you.
- If you have a complex or chronic medical condition, your call may be triaged by a nurse, which ensures your doctor will receive adequate medical records and other information necessary to give you the best care.