Cancer treatments can cause significant pain, fatigue, weakness, memory loss or lack of concentration and disability. Through the cancer rehabilitation program, our goal is to minimize these effects and to encourage you to have the best quality of life possible.
The OSF cancer rehabilitation program can help if you are affected with the following:
- Inability to return to work
- Difficulty caring for children/grandchildren
- Limited motility due to safely concerns (walking, driving, etc.)
- Inability to travel and take vacations
- Difficulty with dressing, bathing, chores, or shopping
OSF Rehabilitation Services is committed to offering the best available survivorship services. That’s why we implemented the cancer rehabilitation program. Our staff has been trained in the latest oncology rehab care and research-based protocols proven to help cancer survivors optimally heal and function.
We serve all survivors in need, whether they are beginning treatment, finished with treatment, or experiencing late effects or unresolved issues from treatment long ago. Our program is open to everyone no matter the prognosis, cancer stage, or phase of recovery.
Newly diagnosed patients may want to increase their strength and endurance and prevent future medical problems. Survivors living with cancer as a chronic disease may come to us for help managing treatment-related conditions. Individuals who are cured or in remission may enroll in our program with the goal of boosting their immune systems, so they can heal as well as possible.
Cancer Rehabilitation Locations
If you are interested in learning more about our cancer rehabilitation programs, please contact the location nearest to you:
OSF Saint Anthony's Health Center
Contact Kelly Bogowith at (618) 463-5344.
OSF St. Joseph Medical Center
Contact Stephanie Dotson at (309) 664-3411
OSF St. Mary Medical Center
Contact Janice Glasnovich at (309) 344-9670
OSF Saint Luke Medical Center
Contact Jlynn Snyder at (309) 852-7931
OSF Holy Family Medical Center
Contact Deann Hall at (309) 734-3141 x332
OSF Saint Elizabeth Medical Center
Contact Jessica Manijak at (815) 431-5659
OSF Saint Francis Medical Center
Contact Katy Enloe at (309) 624-8575
OSF Saint James – John W. Albrecht Medical Center
Contact Stephanie Dotson at (309) 664-3411
OSF Saint Anthony Medical Center
Contact Lisa Timpe-Johnson at (815) 381-7718
OSF St. Francis Hospital & Medical Group
Contact Heather Sheski at (906) 233-4141 x7652
Certain cancer rehabilitation programs are also available to patients receiving home care services in select areas. For more information, contact Laura Coughlin at (309) 310-3158.
Take back your quality of life! We can help with the following conditions:
- Back pain
- Joint pain
- Memory Loss
- Neck pain
- Shoulder pain
- Swallowing difficulties
- Urinary dysfunction
These are examples and not intended to be a complete list. Not all conditions can be treated in all locations. Please contact the location nearest to you for further information.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What is Cancer Rehabilitation?
- Cancer rehabilitation is very similar to other forms of rehabilitation after a serious illness or injury.Services include consultations with appropriate board certified or licensed clinicians in rehabilitation medicine, including dietitians, mental health professionals, social workers, exercise physiologists, and physical, occupational, and speech therapists.
- What Impairments Can Be Addressed Through Cancer Rehabilitation?
- Rehabilitation professionals can help you with a wide variety of treatment-related conditions and their symptoms, including pain, weakness, fatigue, shoulder problems, balance and gait problems, memory and concentration issues, swallowing and speech problems, and lymphedema.
- Am I a Candidate for Cancer Rehabilitation?
- Our cancer rehabilitation services focus on all survivors to help manage treatment-related conditions. We can help improve your quality of life and the ability to function.
- Will My Insurance Cover Cancer Rehabilitation?
- Insurance should cover costs. At OSF Rehabilitation Services, we are able to bill your insurance for your visit, but cannot guarantee coverage. We encourage all patients to check with their insurance provider on coverage before proceeding with treatment.
- How Can I Receive More Information About the Cancer Rehabilitation Program?
- Please ask your health care provider if the OSF Cancer Rehabilittion Program is right for you. A physician referral is needed before therapies can begin.