Hospice Home Referrals
The OSF Hospice Home is a home-away-from-home for hospice patients. It may be the appropriate short-term option for the patient that meets hospice criteria.
What type of patients can be referred to OSF Hospice Home?
Patients of all ages with a life-limiting illness who:
- Have a prognosis of 6 months or less to live if their disease follows normal course.
- Have decided to no longer seek curative or life-prolonging treatment.
- Desire to focus on comfort care.
- Have pain or symptoms that cannot be managed at home.
- Require skilled nursing care 24/7.
- Require daily medical assessments.
- Are already on hospice services and need a brief respite or break from care for the primary in-home caregivers.
How do I make a referral to the OSF Hospice Home?
Patients must be referred to the hospice home by their physician. Please call (800) 673-5288 to speak to a nurse 24/7.
What type of insurance plans will cover a stay at the OSF Hospice Home?
This is individually determined. Both Medicare and Medicaid will cover a patient’s stay and all medications related to their illness.
Private insurance plans may vary their coverage options. Payment for room and board charges are determined based on the insurance provider.
For questions about specific insurance coverage and billing concerns, please call us at (800) 673-5288.