One of the OSF Hospice main goals is to ensure the best possible care for our patients, but we realize that support for family and caregivers is also important.
Being a caregiver can be stressful, both physically and mentally.
We want to help you and your family navigate this transition smoothly, so you can get the most out of your remaining time together.
- Acts as a liaison with community agencies
- Assists the family in coping with the illness and death
- Helps with financial planning
- Helps with funeral planning
- Offers and helps with advance care planning
- Provides psycho-social care for patient and family (counseling, depression screenings)
- Provides respite care
- Provides bereavement care and support to families and caregivers