Registered nurses make up an important part of our multidisciplinary team and are specially selected for their dedication and compassion.
The registered nurse will:
- Assess pain and symptom issues
- Plan and implement care objectives
- Educate the patient and family on medications, physical care, disease and dying process
- Provide hands on care (Foley, IV line care, dressings)
- Assist the patient and family with coping with the illness and death
- Educate and supervise the home health aides
An OSF Hospice nurse is on-call 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to provide supportive services to patients, their families and significant others in both home and facility-based settings.