The INI Osteoporosis Clinic offers comprehensive care for those who have osteoporosis and other bone disorders.
Osteoporosis causes loss of bone mass and strength and can weaken bones, making them more prone to fractures. There typically are no symptoms in the early stages of bone loss. Once bones have been weakened by osteoporosis, you may have signs and symptoms that include:
- Back pain, possibly caused by a fractured or collapsed vertebra
- Loss of height over time
- A bone fracture that occurred easily. Most of these are fractures of the hip, wrist, and spine
Our goal is to evaluate and treat patients as soon as possible to avoid symptoms of this silent disease.
Osteoporosis Screening Tool
Please check all that apply to evaluate your Bone Health.
If you checked more than 2 of these risk factors, please ask your primary care provider for a referral to the INI Spine Institute Osteoporosis Clinic for your Bone Health evaluation. Our referral number is (877) 466-6670.
Our services include:
- Prevention screenings
- Long-term medical therapy and management
- Educational tools including nutritional counseling and physical therapy/exercise instruction
- A fracture liaison service for patients who have been admitted to the hospital for fractures caused by minor trauma (such as falling) or no trauma.
- A team approach to care, with experts that include a nurse practitioner certified in osteoporosis management, a neurosurgeon, a dietician, physical therapist and nurse with expertise in osteoporosis care.