Social Work Services
What is social work?
Social work has many definitions. Social workers acknowledge patient feelings, assess the situation, provide education on available resources, support patient self-advocacy, advocate for patients unable to advocate for themselves, promote primary support system development and utilization, and supply counseling services when requested.
The goal of the INI Social Work Services providers is to help our patients and families navigate multiple life stressors which impacts their physical and emotional well-being.
Examples of services we provide:
- Transportation Resources
- Discount Medication Resources
- Social Security/Disability Information/Application Assistance
- Advanced Directive Information
- Medical Card/All-Kids/LINK Information/Application Assistance
- Long Term Care Planning
- Child/Adult Guardianship Process
- Utility Assistance
- Support Groups (Epilepsy, Stroke, Multiple Sclerosis, Spina Bifida, Traumatic Brain Injury)
- Alcohol/Drug Detoxification Information
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care Information
- Patient Independence Resources (Home Health Aide, Day Treatment, Adult Workshop, Department of Rehabilitation Services)
- Legal Assistance Resources
- Employment Exploration/Employment Loss Assistance (job search, workshops, temporary placement agencies, Unemployment, Manpower)
- Medicare and Medicaid Information