To apply to one of our programs, please print out and complete the appropriate application, then mail it with your application payment to:
Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing
511 NE Greenleaf Street
Peoria, Illinois 61603
- BSN Application (PDF - 204.4 KB)
- DNP Application (PDF - 402.2 KB)
- International Application (PDF - 249.7 KB)
- MSN Application (PDF - 312.9 KB)
- RN to BSN Application (PDF - 204.4 KB)
- Student-at-Large Application (PDF - 63.2 KB)
BSN-DNP and Post Master’s DNP
This essay is an essential aspect of the admission process and will be carefully evaluated by the Graduate Program Committee in order to make a decision on your direct entry into the DNP program.
Follow the guidelines carefully, speaking to each item listed below. The paper should be 750-1000 word essay.
Evaluation of the essay will include assessment of:
- Clarity of presentation
- Grammar, punctuation, etc.
Please address the following:
- Describe your clinical/leadership experience and your ability to work with others.
- Describe examples where you used analytical thinking.
- Give examples of how you use research/EBP in your current clinical/leadership experience.
- Describe a situation where you have impacted nursing care.
- Discuss a potential topic for your DNP Project.
- Identify the program option (major) you selected and goals for your doctoral nursing education.
- Describe how the attainment of your goals will advance your professional practice.