Modified Education - Employment Program (MEEP)
The OSF Saint Francis Medical Center MEEP (Modified Education Employment Program) is designed to provide educational assistance to selected qualified nursing students who are enrolled full-time at Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing and are willing to commit to employment at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center following graduation. MEEP is a “forgivable loan” repaid by fulfilling the employment time commitment or by monetarily repaying the loan.
OSF Saint Francis will underwrite educational expenses of $6,000 for each eligible semester awarded (For a maximum of three semesters totaling $18,000). The number of students awarded each semester is determined by the Administrator/CEO of OSF Saint Francis in consultation with the President of Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing.
Available to current students only
Applications accepted twice per year, deadlines in April and October
Criteria for Selection:
- Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at SFMC - CON (student may not already be a licensed RN)
- 3.0 minimum cumulative SFMC-CON grade point average (GPA) to be considered
- Be a citizen of the United States or qualify for permanent residency according to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services, a Department of Homeland Security.
- Be willing to fulfill employment commitment to OSF Saint Francis Medical Center following graduation.
- Participate in an interview with representatives from SFMC-CON and/or OSF SFMC Human Resources.
- Submit completed online application, references and essay by deadline.
- The applicant will be contacted to participate in an interview.
- Recipient selection will be finalized when final semester grades are available.
- The notification of acceptance/non-acceptance into the program will be made directly to the applicant by Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing.
- Applicants selected for the program will be offered a legally binding promissory note to sign or must promptly decline the offer.
- The applicant may withdraw their application from consideration or if awarded, decline the MEEP offer by providing written notification to the SFMC-CON Student Finance Office.
Fax: (309) 655-3962