Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing is approved by the Illinois State Approving Agency to certify eligible applicants for educational benefits under the Veterans Entitlement Programs: Titles 10 and 38.
To obtain further information about Veteran benefits, student may contact:
For further information please click here to visit the VA office web site.
- Title 10 - Chapter 1606 - Montgomery G.I. Bill® - Selected Reserve
- Title 10 - Chapter 1607 - Reserve Educational Assistance Program (REAP)
- Title 38 - Chapter 30 - Montgomery G.I. Bill® - Active Duty
- Title 38 - Chapter 32 - VEAP - Veterans Educational Assistance Program
- Title 38 - Chapter 33 - Post 9/11 GI Bill®
- Title 38 - Chapter 35 - Dependent's Educational Benefits
Tuition Assistance (TA) provides financial assistance to members of the Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force and Coast Guard. Tuition Assistance is available for courses offered in the classroom or by distance education and is part of an approved academic degree program. Each branch of the military establishes its own criteria, restrictions and application processes.
Tuition assistance details for each service branch
Speak with your ESO or Education Counselor within your military service prior to enrolling with the College of Nursing
How to set up Tuition Assistance benefits at College of Nursing
Complete the acceptance process and complete all admissions requirements for the College of Nursing. Prior to registering for your first semester, meet with you academic advisor and complete your plan of study for your program.
Upload your degree plan to your military branch portal or submit it to your local Base Education Office for approval. When your TA application has been approved and you receive your TA authorization, notify the Student Finance Office at the College of Nursing College of Nursing Student Finance office will review your document and confirm the approved courses you have entered. The expected TA amount will be applied has pending credit, reducing the amount of tuition for which you are responsible. Student Accounts will generate a voucher to request your TA funds after the institutional refund period.
- Helpful Links - Financial Aid Information
- Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Department of Education Financial Aid Information
- Department of Education Master Promissory Note
- Online Loan Entrance/Exit Counseling
Internet Scholarship Search Engines
Other Helpful Links for Veterans