Maternity & Birth
At the OSF St. Francis Women's Center, we care for women throughout their pregnancy and long after the baby is born. A woman's health is a lifelong commitment for us.
Our board-certified obstetrics and gynecology specialists all have specialized training in high-risk pregnancies.
Obstetric services offered through the Women's Center include:
- High-risk obstetrics
- Pre-natal and post-natal care
- Childbirth education
- Diabetes in pregnancy
- In-office testing for fetal well-being
- Pre-conception counseling
- Cesarean section and vaginal delivery
- Intrathecals for pain management during delivery
Staff with the OSF St. Francis OB/Nursery Department has been trained in the concept of Family Centered Care, with one nurse caring for the family as a unit. This nation-wide trend has proven to enhance quality and provide improved communications and greater continuity of care.