The Occupational Therapy staff at OSF St. Francis Hospital & Medical Group works with adults and children of all ages with disabilities.
The goal is to increase mobility and independence in activities of daily living.
Expertise in adult and pediatric therapy
Our trained and licensed occupational therapists have a combined total of more than 25 years’ experience treating pediatric and adult patients with diagnoses including:
- Brain injuries
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Oppositional defiance disorder
- Developmental delays
- Cardiovascular accident
- Cerebral palsy
- Visual perceptual disorders
Pediatric Occupational Therapy
Our occupational therapists see approximately 200 pediatric patients each year for reasons that include:
- Challenged sensory regulation and organization skills
- Delayed gross and/or fine motor skills
- Challenged pre-writing and handwriting skills
- Difficulty with motor planning and sequencing activities
- Delayed or limited repertoire of playing skills
- Challenged oral-motor control for feeding
- Delayed or limited self-care skills (ie. managing clothing fastening, self-feeding, preparing a simple snack, etc.)
- Limited social skills or behavioral adaptive skills (ie. coping skills, establishing friendships, cooperative play with peers, etc.)
Therapists provide children with sensory integration experiences that help children learn about surrounding environments and aid in brain development and enhancement of foundational skills.