Critical Care, Pulmonary, & Sleep Medicine
OSF Critical Care, Pulmonary, and Sleep Medicine physicians are all board certified in their respective field of expertise.
Critical Care Medicine
The Critical Care specialty focuses on the most effective and efficient care possible for the critically ill patients in the Intensive Care and Post-Intensive Care Units of the Comprehensive Care Center at OSF St. Joseph Medical Center.
The Pulmonary specialty provides evaluation and care for patients with diseases of the lungs and the respiratory tract.
Sleep Medicine is a specialty that evaluates conditions characterized by disturbances of usual sleep patterns and disease states causing sleep abnormalities.
Critical Care offers a multi-disciplinary team to create a plan of care focusing on the clinical, psychological, social, and spiritual needs of the patient and families who are receiving care in the Comprehensive Care Unit.
Pulmonary physicians offer services to patients experiencing the following:
- Shortness of breath
- Chronic cough
- Lung nodule or lung cancer
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Chronic bronchitis
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pleural Effusion
- Interstitial lung disease
- Respiratory failure
Sleep Medicine offers services to those with excessive sleepiness, snoring, obstructive or central sleep apnea, insomnia, restless leg syndrome, periodic limb movement disorder, and narcolepsy.
Numerous testing can be done for the above symptoms including but not limited to: pulmonary function testing, Endobronchial Ultrasound (EBUS), and sleep studies.
For your first appointment, please bring your insurance card, co-pay, a list of medications, and any medical records that may be requested when scheduling your appointment.
- Dr. Venkata Dodda: Sleep Medicine/Critical Care/Pulmonary for Bloomington and Pontiac
- Dr. Mark Malone: Critical Care at OSF St. Joseph Medical Center
- Dr. Jon C. Michel: Sleep Medicine/Critical Care/Pulmonary for Bloomington and Pontiac
- Dr. Deepak Taneja: Critical Care and Pulmonary for Bloomington
- Dr. David West: Critical Care at OSF St. Joseph Medical Center
- Dr. Patrick Whitten : Sleep Medicine for Pontiac
Kristin Wilkins, CNS: Critical Care at OSF St. Joseph Medical Center
Hours & Location
Office hours are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m. .
Our office is located at 1505 Eastland Drive (Entrance C), Suite 320, in Bloomington, Illinois.
We also see patients three days per week in Pontiac, Illinois, at 702 Rittenhouse Drive.
For all appointments, please call (309) 661-2368.