Back & Neck Therapy
You shouldn’t let back and neck pain slow you down. The physical therapy staff at OSF St. Joseph Medical Center has received special training on treatment of the low back and neck.
Using an evidence-based approach to treatment of the low back, we work with you to develop the most effective treatment plan to help you get back to the life you love.
- Persistent back pain
- Acute back pain
- Core weakness
- Sprains or strains of the neck or low back
- Tightness or stiffness of neck, upper back, or lower back
What Does it Involve?
- Comprehensive evaluation and assessment of your individual condition
- Exercise to address specific needs of strengthening and flexibility, including a tailored at home program
- Hands on treatments to address joint, muscle, and tissue mobility
- Muscle re-education to improve posture or balance
- Device to help stretch the low back or neck
- Aquatic therapy
Preparing for Your Therapy
You will need a physician’s referral to set up an initial evaluation appointment. Please bring your insurance card and a photo ID, and wear loose fitting clothing.
Arrive about 15 minutes prior to your scheduled visit.
The first visit, the initial evaluation, may take 45 minutes to an hour. This gives the therapist time to talk to you, take baseline measurements, and get you started on treatment and a home exercise program.
It is important that you, the patient, are involved in setting the treatment plan and goals with the therapist. Attendance is essential to achieving your goals. If you are unable to attend a scheduled appointment, please call to reschedule. If you “no show” for two appointments, you may be discharged from therapy.