The Pediatric Rehabilitation team at OSF St. Joseph Medical Center includes physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech and language therapy, and feeding therapy. These disciplines work together with you and your child to develop a plan to help your child grow to his or her fullest potential.
Children showing delays in gross or fine motor, social, emotional, cognitive and/or speech development. Common diagnoses include:
- Developmental delay
- Cerebral Palsy
- Spina Bifida
- Preference for turning or holding the head to one side, or flattening of the head
- Genetic disorders (such as Down’s Syndrome)
- Sensory issues
- Feeding issues
What Does it Involve?
- A comprehensive evaluation using standardized assessment tools determine your child’s areas of strengths and weaknesses in development and therapy needs
- Play-based exercise to optimize overall development
- Home program to help your child meet his/her therapy goals
Preparing for the Evaluation
Be ready to answer questions about the child’s history (medical and developmental), and bring any medical documentation that may not be available to the therapist, but you feel is important.
Please bring any adaptive equipment your child requires or has been issued.
|Monday - Thursday||7 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Friday||7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
Talk to your doctor about a referral to OSF Rehabilitation Services. Please call (309) 662-3311, x4477, to schedule an evaluation with a therapist.
While a 24-hour notice is optimal, we understand things come up last minute. Should an appointment time or day not work with your schedule, please call our office to reschedule the appointment. Failure to show up for two scheduled therapy sessions may result in discharge from our services.