Physical Therapy (PT)
The physical therapy staff at OSF HealthCare is there for you when getting around starts becoming difficult, whether that’s from surgery, pain, weakness, or a combination. We work with you to create a rehabilitation plan that fits your life to improve or restore your mobility so you can get back to doing the things you love.
Who Is It For?
- Post-operative orthopedic surgery
- Back and neck pain (link to back and neck pain page)
- Joint pain
- Pain management (link to pain clinic)
- Neurological conditions such as TBI, Stroke, SCI, or head injury (link to neuro page)
- Weakness, decreased endurance
- Pediatric conditions (link to pediatrics)
- Balance issues and dizziness (link to balance and dizziness)
What Does it Involve?
- Manual therapy
- Therapeutic exercises (aimed at each individual’s specific needs)
- Muscle re-education to improve posture and balance
- Aquatic therapy
Preparing for Your Therapy
You will need a physician’s referral to set up an initial evaluation appointment. Please bring your insurance card and a photo ID, and wear loose fitting clothing.
Arrive about 15 min prior to your scheduled visit. The first visit, the initial evaluation, may take a little longer, probably 45 minutes to an hour. This gives the therapist time to talk to you and take baseline measurements as well as get you started on treatment and a home exercise program.
Hours & Location
|Monday-Thursday||7 a.m.- 6 p.m.|
|Friday||7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
Talk to your doctor about a referral to OSF Rehabilitation Services.
While a 24 hour notice is optimal, we understand things come up last minute. Should an appointment time or day not work with your schedule, please give our office a call so we can reschedule the appointment. Failure to show up for two scheduled therapy sessions may result in discharge from our services.