Surgical Weight Loss with LAP-BAND®
OSF St. Joseph is proud to offer LAP-BAND® - the original, revolutionary gastric banding system for patients struggling with weight or obesity. LAP-BAND Adjustable Gastric Banding System has the experience, technology, and history of proven bariatric success to help you reach your weight loss goals.
If you or someone you love is at least 30 pounds overweight, you should know the LAP-BAND System might be able to help you lose weight — allowing you to avoid weight-related health risks and live healthier, doing more of the things you want to do.
After making the decision to lose weight with LAP-BAND, you’ll discover the incredible support that comes before, during, and after the surgery.
Your First Steps Toward Weight Loss Success
- Attend a FREE one hour LAP-BAND® seminar. Please click here for a schedule of upcoming events.
- If you think LAP-BAND® is right for you, complete the forms as instructed and the surgeon will review your information to determine if you are a candidate for the procedure.
- If you are a candidate, the OSF Weight Management Center will schedule an appointment with the surgeon for you.
- After your first in-office appointment, you will receive specific pre-operative requirements that must be completed. During this time, your insurance company will be contacted for approval – your surgery cannot be scheduled until pre-certification with your insurance is complete.
- One week after surgery you will have a post-operative check-up with the surgeon.
- You will be able to return to work in approximately seven to 10 days.
- Follow-up visits with the surgeon will be scheduled every four to six weeks for the first year after the procedure.
- Attendance at a monthly support group is strongly encouraged.
Dr. John Wieland, MD, General Surgery
To learn more about LAP-BAND®, please call (309) 661-5040.
LAP-BAND® not for you? Check out our non-surgical program!