One in three women die from heart disease each year. That’s ten times more than breast cancer. Yet heart disease is often preventable, and a simple screening can help determine your risks.
A Woman’s Heart Health Screening Program
OSF St. Joseph Medical Center is leading the effort to beat heart disease in our community with a heart health screening program designed specifically for women. The Her Heart program features a simple series of screenings to identify women at risk of heart disease and help keep them healthy. It’s the first program of its type in the region, and provides a comprehensive assessment in a single appointment.
The good news is heart disease can often be prevented or treated if detected early. Your Her Heart appointment will consist of the following:
- Cholesterol and blood glucose screening (with finger stick)
- Waist measurement
- Blood pressure assessment
- Body composition testing
- Personal wellness profile and evaluation of personal risk factors for heart disease
- Consultation and education on your results
- Recommendations to specialists (i.e. cardiologist, nutritionist, diabetes educator), if applicable.
With just one appointment, women can understand their risk for heart disease and take the first steps towards a healthier life. Monthly appointments are offered from 7 to 9 a.m. with a one-time fee of $40.
For More Information
To request additional information or to register for Her Heart, please contact the Center for Healthy Lifestyles at (309) 661-5153. Let’s beat women’s heart disease together...starting with you.