2018 Student Nurse Internship Program
Our 10-week Student Nurse Internship Program for nursing students was developed to provide nursing students with an educational opportunity to improve their nursing skills in the clinical setting while at the same time providing them with summer employment.
About the Program
Under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse, the Nurse Intern will provide direct patient care, gain hands-on experience and enhance assessment skills. This program will also assist in the development of organizational and time management skills. While working in a collegial relationship with RNs, the Nurse Intern will gain a better understanding of professional practice.
Educational in-services are presented throughout the summer to further supplement the learning process.
Selected interns must commit to all program dates. There are no exceptions. Must be prepared for a full 36-40 hour commitment per week. Weekend rotation required. May be required to work a holiday. Must be available for a day and/or night shift position.
You may be able to receive 3 credit hours towards your nursing degree by applying for admission (for applicants currently attending another Nursing Program) as a student-at-large at Saint Francis Medical Center College of Nursing. For further information, contact Jan Farquaharson (309) 624-8980 or log on to www.sfmccon.edu.
Internships are available in a variety of areas: Medical Surgical, Critical Care, Maternal-Child, Pediatrics, and Home Care, to name a few.
The Nursing Student must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Attain senior status the fall of 2018
- Anticipate graduation within one year from the end of the program
- Have completed at least one acute care clinical
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 out of 4.0 (no consideration will be given to applicants with a gpa below 3.0)
- Two (2) academic references from nursing faculty (one reference must be from a clinical instructor). Reference forms will be emailed to the applicant upon receipt of the completed application
- Minimum of one (1) employer reference
- Must have current BLS
- Compliance with all deadlines listed below (no exceptions)
The Student Nurse Internship Program is offered at the following locations:
- OSF HealthCare Saint Luke Medical Center – Kewanee, IL - Apply Now
- OSF HealthCare Saint James – John W. Albrecht Medical Center – Pontiac, IL - Apply Now
- OSF HealthCare St. Joseph Medical Center – Bloomington, IL - Apply Now
- OSF HealthCare Saint Francis Medical Center - Peoria, IL - Apply Now
- OSF HealthCare Saint Anthony Medical Center – Rockford, IL - Apply Now
- OSF HealthCare Saint Paul Medical Center – Mendota, IL - Apply Now
- OSF HealthCare Saint Anthony Health Center – Alton, IL - Apply Now
- OSF Home Care – All Regions - Apply Now
May 21, 2018 – July 27, 2018
Summer Nurse Interns will receive a competitive salary. Centralized and unit based orientation will be provided.
The deadline to apply for the 2018 Student Nurse Internship Program is December 14, 2017.
Applications for the 2018 Student Nurse Internship Program will begin starting October 30, 2017.
After completion of the internship, there may be an employment opportunity as a CNA II or Patient Care Tech. You must have an active Illinois CNA in order to qualify for one of these positions.
Visit our Careers Page