Summer Nurse Internship Program
Our 10-week Summer Student Nurse Internship Program was developed to provide nursing students with an educational opportunity to improve their nursing skills in the clinical setting while at the same time providing them with summer employment.
About the Program
Under the direction and supervision of a Registered Nurse, the Nurse Intern will provide direct patient care, gain hands-on experience and enhance assessment skills.
This program will also assist in the development of organizational and time management skills.
While working in a collegial relationship with RNs, the Nurse Intern will gain a better understanding of professional practice.
Educational in-services are presented throughout the summer to further supplement the learning process.
Summer Nurse Interns will receive a competitive salary. Centralized and unit based orientation will be provided.
Selected interns must commit to all program dates. There are no exceptions. Must be prepared for a full 36-40 hour commitment per week. Weekend rotation required. May be required to work a holiday. Must be available for a day and/or night shift position.
Internships are available in a variety of areas: Medical Surgical, Critical Care, Maternal-Child, Pediatrics, and Emergency, to name a few.
The Nursing Student must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Attain senior status the fall of 2023
- Anticipate graduation within one year from the end of the program
- Have completed at least one acute care clinical
- Cumulative GPA of 2.5 out of 4.0. Transcript will be required after completion of 2022 fall semester.
- Note: emails may go to your spam, junk email or your inbox. It is your responsibility to check your mailboxes after you have applied. There may be time sensitive tasks to complete
- Must have current BLS through the American Heart Association
- Compliance with all deadlines listed below (no exceptions)
May 15, 2023 - July 21, 2023
Applications for the 2023 Summer Student Nurse Internship Program will begin starting October 17, 2022.
The deadline to apply for the 2023 Summer Student Nurse Internship Program is December 29, 2022.
Program Locations & Applications
The 2023 Summer Student Nurse Internship Program is offered at the following locations in Illinois:
- OSF HealthCare Saint Anthony's Health Center - Alton
- OSF HealthCare St. Joseph Medical Center - Bloomington
- OSF HealthCare Sacred Heart Medical Center - Danville
- OSF HealthCare Little Company of Mary Medical Center - Evergreen Park
- OSF HealthCare St. Mary Medical Center - Galesburg
- OSF HealthCare Saint Luke Medical Center - Kewanee
- OSF HealthCare Holy Family Medical Center - Monmouth
- OSF HealthCare Saint Elizabeth Medical Center - Ottawa
- OSF HealthCare Saint Francis Medical Center - Peoria
- OSF HealthCare Saint James-John W. Albrecht Medical Center - Pontiac
- OSF HealthCare Saint Clare Medical Center - Princeton
- OSF HealthCare Saint Anthony Medical Center - Rockford
- OSF HealthCare Heart of Mary Medical Center - Urbana
OSF Home Care opportunities are available in multiple regions:
After completion of the internship, there may be an employment opportunity such as a Patient Care Tech/CNA. You must have an active Illinois CNA in order to qualify for PCT/CNA positions.