Cran Apple Pecan Pancakes
These hearty pancakes are sure to give you the fuel you need for the day!
Serves: 10 (Serving = 1 pancake)
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons Splenda® brown sugar blend
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 1 egg
- 2 cups skim milk
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup apple, chopped finely
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- ¼ cup dried cranberries, rehydrated (cover in hot water until time to use)
- Cooking Spray
- In a large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In a medium bowl combine egg whites and egg (lightly beaten together), skim milk, canola oil and vanilla extract.
- Add wet ingredients to dry. Stir until just moistened. Drain, pat dry and finely chop cranberries. Fold in apple, pecans and cranberries.
- Spray a small skillet with cooking spray and place on medium heat. Using a ¼ cup measure, pour batter into hot skillet. Cook 2-3 minutes on both sides or until lightly browned.