Spring Ahead Breakfast Bars
Daylight savings time means springing ahead an hour…and losing an hour of sleep. This complete breakfast bar will ensure you don’t miss out on the benefits of a nutritious breakfast when you are running behind.
Serves: 12 (Serving= 1 bar)
- 2 ripe medium bananas, mashed
- 2 ½ cups old-fashioned whole rolled oats (use certified gluten free oats for GF version)
- 1 cup PB2® prepared (1 ¼ cup PB2® powder + ¾ cup water)
- ½ cup raw pepitas/pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tablespoons whole flaxseed
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons peanut butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. Line 9 x 13” baking pan with foil. Spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Spread mixture evenly into pan.
- Bake for 19-23 minutes until edges slightly brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely in pan (or place in fridge to cool for 30 minutes).
- When completely cooled, heat 2 tablespoons peanut butter in microwave for 30 seconds and drizzle on bars. Cut into 12 bars.