OSF Weight Management Information Videos
RiverPlex Recreation and Wellness Center
600 NE Water Street
Peoria, IL 61603
Map & Directions
Address questions about this event to
Jenny Reay at 309-282-1612.
Getting started is usually the most difficult part of any journey, and not everyone will follow the same path. At the OSF Weight Management Clinic, we offer several different options for weight loss support. Each person learns differently and is motivated in different ways, so we will help you choose the path that is right for you. Our options include:
- Small group nutrition education and support
- Private meetings with dietitians and exercise specialists
- The HMR Program for Weight Management, a structured program using meal replacements and weekly education
- Medical supervision with a physician and advanced practice nurse
- Bod Pod testing to monitor your body composition (body fat and lean body mass)
- State-of-the-Art fitness center with a wide variety of fitness equipment, group classes, AquaPlex with warm water pool, and medically supervised exercise if needed. Membership fees apply, and financial assistance is available
- Weight loss surgery, in partnership with Peoria Surgical Group. If you choose to have weight loss surgery, you must complete one of the above options for at least 3-6 months to develop healthy habits that will prepare you for surgery.
Ask your doctor to refer you to the OSF Weight Management Clinic, using referral number REF655.
To learn more, CLICK HERE to watch a series of information videos. The first video gives an overview of the weight management program options. If you are thinking about weight loss surgery, you will need to watch the entire 7-part video series and complete the survey at the end. This is a requirement to procede in the surgical weight loss program.
Please note: In-person information meetings are no longer available. The video series will take the place of the meetings.
For questions, please e-mail email@example.com.