Advanced Practice Provider Fellowship Program
The OSF HealthCare Advanced Practice Provider Fellowship offers post-graduate training for new APRNs and PAs.
The program started in 2016 and is accredited as a Practice Transition Program by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation in Practice Transition Programs.
The current workplace setting included in this accreditation is Primary Care; however, the program has added General Neurology and Pediatric Critical Care tracks.
The fellowship program offers:
- Protected learning time with opportunities for in-seat education and interprofessional learning at Jump Trading Simulation & Education Center
- Evidence-based curriculum with case mentoring, simulation and skills tracing
- Faculty-precepted clinical training
- Opportunities for peer and faculty mentoring
- Structured competency evaluations
- Specialty rotations
The fellowship is an opportunity for new advanced practice providers to receive ongoing mentoring, education and feedback over a 12-month period.
The fellowship has four guiding principles:
- Connect advanced practice professionals with experienced OSF HealthCare APPs and physicians, who are champions for our Mission and provide a supportive, challenging learning environment to prepare the next generation of health care providers.
- Serve our patients and their families with quality, evidence-based care in a cost-effective manner across all of our OSF communities.
- Share our successes and opportunities with the health care community to improve care for patients locally and nationally.
- Be Accountable to deliver Key Results to the OSF Ministry and the patients we serve.
OSF HealthCare was recently awarded a HRSA grant, titled the "Advanced Nursing Education - Nurse Practitioner Residence Integration Program (ANE-NPRIP)," to expand the existing primary care program to provider a greater focus on rural and underserved communities starting in January, 2021.
For questions about the fellowship, please email us at APPfellowship@OSFHealthcare.org.
Current openings in the fellowship program are available through the OSF Careers website.