Advanced Practice Provider Fellowship Program
The OSF HealthCare Advanced Practice Provider Fellowship offers post-graduate training for new APRNs and PAs.
The program started in 2016 and was awarded Accreditation with Distinction as a Practice Transition Program by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation in Practice Transition Programs in 2018 and 2021.
Our fellowship program has tracks in Primary Care, General Neurology, Pediatric Critical Care, and Urgent Care. We currently have fellows in Primary Care and Urgent Care.
The fellowship program offers:
- Protected learning time with opportunities for in-seat education and interprofessional learning at Jump Trading Simulation & Education Center
- Evidence-based curriculum with case mentoring, simulation and skills training
- Faculty-precepted clinical training
- Opportunities for peer and faculty mentoring
- Structured competency evaluations
- Specialty rotations
Program Goals & Objectives
The fellowship is an opportunity for new advanced practice providers to receive ongoing mentoring, education and feedback over a 12-month period.
The fellowship has four guiding principles:
- Connect advanced practice professionals with experienced OSF HealthCare APPs and physicians, who are champions for our Mission and provide a supportive, challenging learning environment to prepare the next generation of health care providers.
- Serve our patients and their families with quality, evidence-based care in a cost-effective manner across all of our OSF communities.
- Share our successes and opportunities with the health care community to improve care for patients locally and nationally.
- Be Accountable to deliver Key Results to the OSF Ministry and the patients we serve.
OSF HealthCare was recently awarded a HRSA grant, titled the "Advanced Nursing Education - Nurse Practitioner Residence Integration Program (ANE-NPRIP)," to expand the existing primary care program to provider a greater focus on rural and underserved communities starting in January, 2021.
For questions about the fellowship, please email us at AdvancedPracticeEdu@osfhealthcare.org .
Current openings in the fellowship program are available through the OSF Careers website.