Solving the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) health crisis is the top priority for health care systems across the country, including OSF HealthCare. OSF was one of the first to rapidly deploy digital health care options, which have allowed thousands to have their needs addressed and, where appropriate, care provided while staying safely at home.
“Our Physicians, Advance Practice Providers, and Mission Partners are dedicated to serving all patients with the greatest care and love,” stated Brian Rosborough, M.D., Regional Director of Physician Services, OSF HealthCare. “The recent implementation of video virtual visits has allowed us to continue providing high-quality patient care while helping to minimize the need of the community to leave their homes for medical services.”
The innovative digital health care options provide safe experiences for patients to access medical professionals without the need to travel to a facility and risk possible exposure. Volumes have decreased significantly over the last three weeks as non-essential services have been shut down, and our communities are staying home to reduce the spread of the virus. As volumes continue to decline, facilities will be staffed according to the volume of patients.
The following changes go into effect on Monday, April 13:
- Dr. Ushasri Koganti will begin seeing patients at the OSF Medical Group – Primary Care on the south side of Ottawa, located at 1640 1st Ave. If you have questions, please call (815) 434-2048.
- Sue Pavlick, Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, will begin seeing patients on the fourth floor of OSF Center for Health – Streator located at 111 Spring St. If you have questions, please call (815) 853-4402.
- OSF PromptCare services in Ottawa have been combined and will be provided on the south side of Ottawa at 1640 1st Ave., every day from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Holiday hours may vary.
- The following locations will be closed until further notice:
- OSF Medical Group – Primary Care, 1209 Starfire Dr., Ottawa, IL 61350
- OSF Medical Group – Primary Care, 516 S. Chestnut St., Wenona, IL 61377
- OSF PromptCare, 1614 E. Norris Dr., Ottawa, IL 61350
To schedule an appointment, including virtual visits, please call your provider’s office or request in your OSF MyChart account. Available urgent care options in Mendota, Ottawa, Streator, and surrounding areas may be viewed at osfhealthcare.org/urgentcare. Also, walk-in urgent care is available at OSF Medical Group – Primary Care at 1614 E. Norris Dr., in Ottawa.
OSF is preparing to move into the next phase of its digital response to COVID-19, offering new ways of caring for individuals in their homes, and within its facilities, with digital solutions.
About OSF COVID-19 Digital Care Options: If you suspect you have novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and it is not an emergency, DO NOT go to a hospital or doctor’s office. Instead, use one of our digital care options – connect with our chatbot, Clare, on our website, then click on “Start Coronavirus Screening.” Text OSF COVID Companion, a free text messaging tool you can use to receive daily tips. To sign up, text OSF to 67634 and follow the prompts. For more information on novel coronavirus (COVID-19), including frequently asked questions, please visit our OSF COVID-19 digital health hub: www.osfhealthcare.org/covid19/.