Red White and Blue Smoothie Pops
These patriotic pops will help you and your family celebrate healthy eating all summer long!
Serves: 12 (Serving= 1 popsicle)
- 1 cup chopped strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 cup blueberries, fresh or frozen
- 1 banana, broken into chunks, fresh or frozen
- 3 cups light vanilla yogurt, divided into 3 equal parts
- ¾ tablespoon sugar, divided into 3 equal parts
- ¾ cup water, divided into 3 equal parts
- 12 popsicle sticks
- 12 (5 fluid ounce) paper cups
- Place the strawberries, ¼ tablespoon sugar, ¼ cup water, and 1 cup of yogurt in a blender and blend until fully smooth. Pour mixture into paper cups, filling each about ⅓ full.
- Cut aluminum foil into 12 squares (3” x 3”). Poke a popsicle stick through the center of each aluminum foil square. Place one end of the stick in the center of each cup, tucking the foil around the edge of the cup to hold the stick in place. Place cups on a tray and freeze for 1-2 hours, or until the strawberry layer is completely frozen. Remove foil.
- Repeat step 1, but replace strawberries with bananas. Blend fruit with ¼ tablespoon sugar, ¼ cup water, and 1 cup yogurt. Pour banana mixture into cups, filling each cup to about ⅔ full. Allow this layer to freeze for 1-2 hours. You will not need the foil after the first layer because the sticks should be able to stand on their own.
- Repeat step 3 with blueberries, blending fruit with sugar, water, and yogurt. Fill each cup to the top with this layer and put back in freezer for 1-2 more hours.
- Once pops are completely frozen, briefly run warm water over paper cup to remove. Keep pops frozen until ready to serve.