Strawberry Rhubarb Quinoa Pudding
This sweet-tart dessert brings out the delicious flavor of early Spring produce – strawberry and rhubarb.
Serves: 6 (Serving= 1 pudding)
- 2 cups water
- 1 ½ cups chopped rhubarb (fresh or frozen)
- 1 ½ cups chopped strawberries
- ⅓ cup uncooked quinoa
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ cup granulated Splenda®
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup water
- 1 – 5.3 ounce container nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon granulated Splenda®
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup chopped strawberries
- In a medium saucepan, combine water, rhubarb, strawberries, quinoa, cinnamon and salt. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat and simmer for 25 minutes.
- Stir in sugar, Splenda® and lemon zest. Whisk cornstarch with ¼ cup cold water in small bowl. Stir into quinoa mixture, return to a simmer, and cook for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, and divide evenly into 6 – 1 cup serving bowls. Refrigerate for at least one hour.
- Before serving. Mix yogurt, Splenda®, and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Top each pudding with about 2 Tablespoons of yogurt, then with 1 Tablespoon chopped strawberries.