Sweet 'N Salty Chocolate Dates
You’ve never had anything quite like these before!
Serves: 18 (Serving= 2 dates)
- 3.5 ounces 70% cacao dark chocolate, broken into pieces (make sure gluten free for GF version)
- 36 pitted dates
- 7 slices turkey bacon, cooked crisp and finely chopped
- Fill a medium saucepan with 1 inch water and bring to boil. Turn heat down to medium-low. Create a double boiler by placing a glass bowl on top of saucepan, assuring the bottom of the bowl does not touch the water. Place chocolate pieces in glass bowl and stir until completely melted.
- Take bowl of chocolate off of double boiler. Place a stick in the date and dip in melted chocolate, rolling to cover completely.
- Roll in turkey bacon and set on plate or baking sheet.
- Place in refrigerator for 1 hour prior to serving.