Herbed Quinoa Stuffing
This non-traditional quinoa stuffing has an earthy flavor that includes tons of mushrooms, kale, and fresh herbs.
Serves: 12 (serving= 1/2 cup)
- 3 cups water
- 1 ½ cups uncooked quinoa
- 1 Tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 16 ounce container mushrooms, wiped cleaned and roughly chopped
- 6 cups kale leaves, stems removed, roughly chopped
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (about 4 cloves)
- ¼ cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh sage, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Add quinoa and 3 cups water to a medium saucepan. Bring to boil, then simmer on medium-low for 10-12 minutes or until all liquid is soaked up.
- Place large skillet on medium-high heat, add oil, onions, mushrooms and kale. Put lid on and cook for 7-10 minutes (mushrooms should be semi-soft and kale wilted). Add garlic, walnuts, sage, thyme and salt. Stir to combine.
- In a large bowl, combine quinoa with skillet ingredients and stir well.
- Once plated, top with ½ Tablespoon of parmesan cheese.