Garden Veggie and Cheese Crepes
This easy, light recipe is a unique and delicious way to use fresh seasonal produce.
Serves: 4 (Serving= 1 crepe)
- ¼ cup white flour
- ¼ cup whole wheat flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup skim milk
- ¼ cup egg substitute
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/3 cup chopped bell pepper
- ½ cup chopped yellow squash
- ½ cup chopped zucchini
- 1/3 cup diced onion
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh spinach leaves
- 2 Tablespoons fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 4 wedges Laughing Cow© Light Garlic & Herb Cream Cheese
- In a medium bowl, stir together flours and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk and egg substitute.
- Add milk mixture to flour mixture, whisking until smooth. Cover batter and chill for 15 minutes.
- Heat pan over medium-high heat and lightly spray small skillet with cooking spray.
- Remove pan from heat and pour ¼ cup batter into pan; quickly tilt pan in all directions to spread out batter. Return pan to stove and cook about 1 minute each side.
- Repeat 4 & 5 to make four crepes.
- In a large skillet, sauté vegetables, basil and garlic in olive oil on medium-high heat for 7-10 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Spread 1 wedge cream cheese on a crepe. Add ¼ cup vegetables, roll up and place seam side down on plate. Repeat with remaining ingredients.